Bali is known as the last paradise on earth, the island of the gods, the island of magnificent beauties, and exotic arts. As probably the most famous island in Indonesia, the island has a peaceful, even spiritual atmosphere, it also has a vibrant beaches and mountains scene. It’s a place where the scent of tropical flower and spices full the air. Where the immerse range of colors leaves any observer in awe.
Bali Voted as one of the Best Island in the world 2018 from CN TRAVELLER and Lonely Planet’s Best of Travel 2010 ranked Bali second place among the world’s Top Regions while Travel & Leisure Magazine has awarded Bali the World’s Best Island in 2009.
Usually, travelers come to Bali using 2 main entrances, Ngurah Rai International Airport at south Bali and at west Bali there is Gilimanuk Port. However, did you know that there is still other access that can be used to enter the territory of the island of Bali. One of the alternative accesses is the Port of Benoa and Celukan Bawang Buleleng Bali.
In addition to support the visitors who comes visit Bali, It’s such important to provide cruise port in Bali. There are two cruise port in Bali, at South Bali there is Benoa Port where is located near Airport Ngurah Rai and at North Bali there is Celukan Bawang Port located at the west of Singaraja city.
Celukan Bawang is a cruise port located approx 40 km (25 ml) west of Singaraja (northern Bali Island) on a well-protected bay harbour. Nearby is Lovina Beach – a stretch of quiet, black-sand beaches. Singaraja is Bali’s 2nd largest city (population over 80,000). Singaraja become The Dutch colonial administrative capital for Bali Kingdom in between 1849-1953.
Celukan Bawang cruise port has a large wharf (ship docking structure). This is Bali Island’s main cargo port, trading in cement and timber from the Indonesian islands Java and Borneo. At the moment, most cruise ships to Bali Island dock at Benoa Harbour.
The Celukan Bawang port allows cruise ship passengers to explore a unique part and less crowded part of the island, as well as charming natural, historical, and cultural Balinese places. Experience the truly diverse of northwest of Bali with its stunning black sand beaches. An extraordinary combination of colors, fragrance, and sensation will arouse your senses.
The coast around the seaport is rocky and near local villages. The port of Celukan Bawang is operated the all year-round. Its anchorage area and the harbor are well sheltered from winds and swells. As the anchorage is large enough, port’s hinterland will be soon developed. Large vessels anchor near the entrance channel (min water depth 50 m / 165 ft). The size of port is 250 meters where could be entered by huge cruise ship that capacity 5000 people (passenger and crew) the port is planned to be upgrade to 300 meters by 2019.
Things to do in Celukan Bawang Port:
- Lovina beach (30 min from Celukan Bawang Seaport) – Away from the mass tourism sites such as Kuta, Ubud, Nusa Dua. Lovina Beach offers visitors the chance to relax on the black sand beaches with nearby few hotels, restaurants, and boutiques.
- Banjar Natural Hot spring pools (30 Minutes from celukan Bawang seaport) provide 3 main hot spring pool for public and and 5 private Jacuzzi pool for visitor privilege.
- Singaraja (45 minutes from Celukan Bawang) – is ranked Bali’s 2nd largest city. It has kept traces of colonialism period. Gedond Kirtya Library and Beleleng Museum, composed of 3 small houses will give the opportunity for tourists to see a collection of thousand ancient Balinese documents called “Lontar”, made from leaves of the palm trees. It is consisting of Balinese literature, medical texts, even comic strips called ‘prasi’.
- Munduk Waterfall (1 Hours from celukan Bawang port) located in the deep forest of Batukaru mountains and surrounded by many kinds of tropical plantations and old trees. Walking distance 15 minutes from the main street then 70meters waterfall will blow the mind.
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temples (2 hours drive from Celukan Bawang) – this Hindu-Buddhist temples complex consists of two temples dedicated to Dewi Danu (goddess of water), which are built on small isles. Worshipped by all Balinese Hindu from all over Bali and become 2nd most visited place in Bali.
- Lake Buyan and Tamblingan (1 hour from Celukan Bawang Port) Adore the scenery of the smallest lake – Buyan Lake, and the Tamblingan Lake next to it. They are called by Bali Twin Lake and there is always cool weather at Tamblingan Lake due to the fog from the high land with hills and rainforest surrounding it.
- Kopi Luwak coffee tasting (1 hour from Celukan Bawang Port) It is a place to see various tropical plantations and a place where you can find the famous Kopi Luwak or civet coffee, widely recognized as the most expensive coffee in the world. It is a coffee made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet and other related civets, passed through its digestive tract.
- Menjangan Island (30 minutes from Celukan Bawang Port) Also named as Deer Island, is surrounded by hectares of beautiful coral reef gardens with diverse eco biology, which makes it a favorite destination for snorkelers as well as divers.
- Deep Sea Snorkelling (30 minutes from Celukan Bawang Port) Seize the opportunity to see a high diversity of coral species and encounter many kinds of colourful, tropical fish! The Hawkesbill Turtle is sighted frequently in the area too. Package includes: standard snorkeling set (snorkel, life jacket and fins).
- ATV ride (1 hour from Celukan Bawang Port) situated at Krisna Adventure where provide activity that pump your adrenaline. ATV ride is available for single or tandem and the ride is automatic.
- Brahmavihara-Arama (30 minutes from Celukan Bawang Port), the largest religious temple of Buddhist in Bali. Brahmavihara-Arama Buddhist Temple Banjar stands in a mountainous region with a calm and peaceful atmosphere, so it is very suitable as a location for spiritual areas. Also known as the gate of Nirvana.
The list of thing to do at Celukan Bawang Port make traveler have choice of what to do. Having shore excursion from this port is easy since there is tour operator which able to guided you around. Locals also provide transport service that located outside the port just 100 meters away and they are professional and speaking good English. For specific language such as chinese, japan, korea, france, germany or etc, it needs special tour guide and book through local tour provider or agency. Bali Lovina Tours serve your shore excursions at north Bali from Celukan Bawang port for best and memorable experience in a day or so. Contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you at anytime 24/7 customer care.